Get updates by:
While the ranking methodology is quite trivial, the Princeton Review likes to do an annual ranking of the Best College Newspapers. The "best" in this case meaning the most popular, as the methodology for the ranking is based on how popular the newspaper is among the 122,000 students surveyed at 376 colleges.
Here's a roundup of the top 20 college newspapers for 2011.
1. The Daily Tar Heel - University of North Carolina
2. Yale Daily News - Yale University
3. The Badger Herald - University of Wisconsin-Madison
4. The Brown Daily Herald - Brown University
5. The Battalion - Texas A&M University
6. The Daily Collegian - Penn State University
7. The Daily Northwestern - Northwestern University
8. The Diamondback - University of Maryland
9. The Independent Florida Alligator - University of Florida
10. The Daily Texan - University of Texas at Austin
11. The Minnesota Daily, University of Minnesota
12. The Post, Ohio University
13. The Cornell Daily Sun, Cornell University
14. The Daily Mississippian, University of Mississippi
15. The Daily Campus, University of Connecticut
16. The University Daily Kansan, Kansas University
17. The Daily Gamecock, University of South Carolina
18. The Daily Orange, Syracuse University
19. The Hilltop, Howard University
20. The Tufts Daily, Tufts University
Access more useful college info:
Enter your email address to get more tips by email.
On Facebook? Like Us
Get College Tips by Email:
To get these, subscribe by email.
- Most Expensive College Dorms
- The 100 Greatest College Traditions
- Banned College Traditions
“I like the articles that are written here. There are plenty of other blogs that cover being frugal as a student, but you cover stuff that other places don't.” - Sarah E., USC
"I like the fact that you’re actually offering interesting, useful information to students." - Pedro M., Harvard
In the News:
Access select online courses:
Get notified of new articles by RSS feed or Email.
Paying for College|
Compare Student Loan Rates