Get updates by:
Parties can be one of the best things about college.
Many colleges don't like to be labeled as a party school, so here's what they don't want you to know.
Rather than making a limited list of the Top 10 party schools, we have included all colleges that are the biggest partiers.
Here are the best party schools:
- WVU - West Virginia is almost always at the top of every Top 10 Party College list. This place is insane!
Typical Couch Burning at WVU
- UCSB (Santa Barbara) - Right on the beach. Great Halloween parties. Located in Isla Vista, Del Playa Drive is where its at!
- ASU - Hot weather + hot babes = hot parties. Tempe also has some cool local bars, including The Library and Dos Gringos Trailer Park Bar.
- San Diego State - Surf, study and party. Being in San Diego is the perfect place for all three, plus being close to Mexico is a bonus.
- Washington State University - aka "Wazzu". Nothing to do in this small town of Pullman but drink beer.
- Wisconsin-Madison - Another beer city with a huge bar scene.
- Indiana-Bloomington - Bloomington is a small college town with a ton of students always looking to party. Its big event is the Little 500, which is a bicycle race modeled off of the Indy 500.
UCSB Halloween Party
- Mississippi - Huge Greek scene and home to the one of the best tailgating sites in America: The Grove.
- Texas - A huge student body, which guarantees there will always be lots of partying.
- Ohio University - Another great party school that has a huge Halloween party that attracts college partiers from all over.
- Florida State - Made the list on Playboy's Top 10 Party Schools.
- Penn State - Was ranked #2 in a recent list of Princeton Review's Top Party Schools.
Chico State - For a smaller school (compared to others on this list), Chico State packs a big punch when it comes to partying.
It topped Playboy's very first ranking of party schools way back in 1987 and was named #2 in 2002.
The annual Chico Labor Day Float alone puts the school on this list.
- University of Arizona - There is something about hot weather that brings out the partying in people.
- Alabama - Alabama parties so hard, even their old football Coach Mike Price was fired for his conduct around Alabama.
- LSU - Tailgating and College football.
- Florida - You can always find a party here as it's one of the biggest colleges in the nation with an enrollment of over 50,000.
- Iowa - Big Bar scene in the city of Iowa City.
- Georgia - There is something about College Football and Partying that just seem to go together.
- Tennessee - See above.
University of Colorado - Boulder
Colorado is home to reefer madness: every April 10,000+ turn out for the annual 4/20 smoke-out on campus. Boulder is also great for beer, with four breweries in town.
SUNY Albany and SUNY Oneonta (aka Stoneonta) - Just check out the Kegs and Eggs weekend at Albany. 'Nuff said.
East Carolina University - Yet another school who is on this list just because of their Halloween party.
Others party schools worth mentioning:
Access more useful college info:
Enter your email address to get more tips by email.
On Facebook? Like Us
Get College Tips by Email:
To get these, subscribe by email.
- Most Expensive College Dorms
- The 100 Greatest College Traditions
- Banned College Traditions
“I like the articles that are written here. There are plenty of other blogs that cover being frugal as a student, but you cover stuff that other places don't.” - Sarah E., USC
"I like the fact that you’re actually offering interesting, useful information to students." - Pedro M., Harvard
In the News:
Access select online courses:
Get notified of new articles by RSS feed or Email.
Paying for College|
Compare Student Loan Rates