Need more entertainment at your parties and get-togethers?
Here we will take a look at the Ice Booze Vertical Ice Luge, something you may want to consider as an addition to your next party.
The Ice Booze Ice Luge
Here is a product that will ensure drinks and shots stay cold, on top of adding a great conversation piece and center of attention to any party or gathering. For you sports fans, this would be quite the attention-getter at tailgate parties as well.
Typical Ice Luge
Ice luge parties can be a fun theme party where typically a 3-foot long block of ice is purchased and channels are carved into the block where drinks are to be poured and channel their way down the other end of the ice block and into the mouth of the person at the other end.
The Ice Booze has the same effect, in a more portable, do-it-yourself manner.
Typical ice luge parties can get pretty messy. A large ice block sitting on the edge of a table means water runoff gets everywhere and is a pain to continually have to clean up. Rather annoying, especially when you’d rather be partying with your friends.
The Ice Booze, when used with the optional drip tray, means no mess for you to deal with. You could let the ice sit for hours and not have to worry about a puddle forming below your ice block.
A traditional ice luge party usually involves ordering a 300-pound block of ice, which depending on how and where you get it, can be pretty spendy. Then the block must be team-lifted to the point of the party destination, carefully to ensure that it is not dropped. Upon placement of the ice block, channels are carved into the ice where the "liquid" is to be poured, creating the ice luge effect. A lot of prep work for one party.
With the Ice Booze you’re getting a more manageable way of creating the same effect that an ice luge has. Making the ice yourself means less expense and time spent on this hassle in the future. Freezing the ice in the Ice Booze takes about 1.5 days in your typical freezer, and when ready can easily be moved to your party location (The dimensions are: 14.55" x 9.91" x 9.84").
The product promises to deliver fun and excitement to any party.
One thing this product will surely provide is a cold rush of liquid to the recipient at the end of this device. The ice does a good job of cooling down any liquids that pass through it.
- Ice Booze Plastic Mold (2 pieces).
- (2) 18" long flexible tubing.
- (2) Clamps with hex head bolts.
- Allen wrench.
Optional add-ons include the drip tray with an LED light module that will make your ice formation glow in color.
Ice Booze: $49.95 + $9.99 s&h
Ice Booze with drip tray and LED light module: $69.95 + Free Shipping
Construction of the Ice Booze is fairly simple:
|1. Attach the tubes to the nipples.
||2. Assemble mold pieces together.|
|3. Slide clamps over shell and tighten bolts.
||4. Fill to first water line. Freeze completely.|
There are a total of four freeze lines on the mold. Repeat the freezing process for each line until completely frozen solid. The complete freeze process will take about a full day or two to freeze.
Using the Ice Booze
When the freezing process is over, remove the clamps, plastic mold, and tubing. Now the Ice Booze is ready for use.
When pouring liquid into the top of the ice, Ice Booze recommends attaching pour spouts to your bottle like bartenders use to prevent the liquid from spilling.
- Cool lighting effects when used with the LED light module.
- Cools drinks/shots as they pass through ice.
- The size is small enough to be portable.
- Using the provided drip tray means no mess. Melting ice and drink runoff goes out the drain/tubing.
- Unlimited usage. Assuming you’re not too rough on the product, it can be used over and over again.
- Can't use at spur of the moment. It's use at a party must be planned out in advance to allow freeze time. It takes about a day or two to completely freeze the water used to make the ice luge. (Exception: if you freeze the ice block before hand and keep in your freezer until needed. Note that the Ice Booze unit will take up a good portion of your freezer space).
- Pour holes on top of ice are small. This is why pour spouts are recommended. It may make things easier if the holes are carved out a bit more, so it's easier to pour drinks/shots into.
Other Usage Observations
- Liquid rushes out fast sending a cold rush straight to your head, so be prepared.
- The ice doesn’t melt as fast as you think it would, so you should be able to use it for the full length of a party.
Quotes from users:
- "A very entertaining drinking prop."
- "A lava lamp of liquid greatness."
At first glance, the price of the Ice Booze may seem quite a bit considering what this product does, but where you are getting your money's worth is on the reusability factor, and considering the fact that if you do want an ice luge for your party, they can be pretty expensive when purchased through an ice supplier.
But, overall the Ice Booze would be a great addition to any party.
I'd definitely recommend it with the LED light kit, as it adds much more to the wow factor.
Want more info? Read more about the Ice Booze at icebooze.com where tips, directions and party pics are posted.