Get updates by:
Things to do over Summer Break
Besides wasting time playing video games and checking facebook, here are some productive ways to stay busy over summer break.
- Read a Book - They say the difference between yourself now versus a year from now is 3 books you will read over the course of that year.
>> Browse Amazon Best Sellers
- Organize - Organize old work from throughout the school year, so you can easily come back to it.
- Recreation - Join a summer league of your favorite sport: softball, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Learn New Things - Just because you are on summer break doesn't mean you have to stop learning.
- Get Up - Become an early riser. Get the things you need done in the mornings so you can enjoy your evenings.
- Get Out - Get some sun, it's good for you, and hey...it's summer break!
- Have a Family Reunion - Family time is always quality time...well almost always (Never mind that annoying brother or sister).
- Help Others - From neighbors to the elderly. You'll feel better about yourself afterwards.
- Take an online class.
>> Search available courses
- Learn a new language.
- Find a Hobby
- Study Abroad
- Travel - See the world. Take a Summer Break Cruise.
>> Browse Priceline Pricebreaker Deals
- Build a loft bed for your dorm room
- Ride a Bike - Save gas.
Access more useful college info:
Enter your email address to get more tips by email.
On Facebook? Like Us
Get College Tips by Email:
To get these, subscribe by email.
- Most Expensive College Dorms
- The 100 Greatest College Traditions
- Banned College Traditions
“I like the articles that are written here. There are plenty of other blogs that cover being frugal as a student, but you cover stuff that other places don't.” - Sarah E., USC
"I like the fact that you’re actually offering interesting, useful information to students." - Pedro M., Harvard
In the News:
Access select online programs:
Get notified of new articles by RSS feed or Email.
Paying for College|
Compare Student Loan Rates